Fluffy, buttery cornbread muffins are a "must" anytime of year, and my Gluten-Free Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are the only cornbread recipe that you need! They're buttery, they're fluffy, they're spicy, and they're delicious on their own, or paired with a delicious soup. Plus, my recipe is completely gluten-free!
- 2 Large Eggs room temperature
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk I recommend oat milk or almond milk!
- 1/4 Cup Butter OR Vegan Butter OR Coconut Oil melted
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour or oat flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Canned Corn Kernels make sure to drain ALL liquid from the can!
- 2 Jalapeños sliced into coins
Preheat your oven to 425 F.
Line a muffin tin with liners or grease the pan really well with a neutral oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and butter until fully combined.
Next, add-in the coconut sugar, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Mix your batter gently, until it is smooth.
Once it is smooth, fold in your corn kernels.
Using a cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop batter into each muffin cavity, filling each one about 3/4 way to the top.
Slice your jalapeño into coins and place one on the top of each muffin. If you prefer to have more spice, you can dice up your jalapeños and fold them into the batter.
Bake your muffins for 16-18 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the center is fully cooked.
Let cool and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!