Your perfect summer salad has finally arrived: introducing, my magical Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. This salad is my riff off of a traditional Greek Salad, but with one of my favorite ingredients... quinoa! This salad is the perfect addition to your summer cookouts, or can also be eaten on its own for a light, healthy dinner. And whatever you do, don't skimp on the tangy homemade dressing; it's so good, you'll want to drink it. Trust me.
- 1 1/2 Cups Tricolored Quinoa
- 2 3/4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Large English Cucumber
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives pitted, halved
- 1/2 Cup Parsley coarsley chopped
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice (1 lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic mashed
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt more as needed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper more as needed
Rinse quinoa well, and add it to a medium saucepan with the salt and water.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Uncover and fluff with a fork.
Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
Next, prep the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients.
Next, chop the veggies - cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, and olives.
Remove quinoa from the fridge. Add the veggies in, along with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings. Sprinkle feta on top, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!