The perfect appetizer anytime that you need a fool-proof dish that's sure to delight; these Vegan Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms are delicious, hearty, melt-in-your-mouth treats. Pop out a tray of these for a crowd-pleasing appetizer, or eat them all yourself - I'm not judging! This recipe requires less than 10 simple ingredients, and is gluten-free and paleo-friendly too!
- 12 Whole Mushrooms I use mini portobellos, but this recipe also works well with cremini mushrooms!
- 1/2 Cup Raw Walnuts pine nuts or pecans also work too!
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach packed
- 1 Lemon juiced -- I like my pesto extra lemony. If you don't then I recommend only using 1/2 of a lemon.
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese OR regular parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top; this is optional
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 F.
Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper - I recommend spraying the pan first with a little oil, so that the paper sticks to it.
Then, prepare your mushrooms. Wash and dry them thoroughly and cut out the stems before placing them on the baking sheet. If you are unsure of how to cut out the stems, refer to the video above!
Next, make the pesto. Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute. You may need to scrape down the sides to make sure that everything is well-incorporated, and that's okay!
Once your pesto is done, fill each mushroom cavity with about 1 tablespoon of the pesto, and line them back up on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Once they're done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serve immediately, as they're best eaten warm, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!