If a fresh, vibrant salad is calling your name this summer, then I have got the perfect recipe for you! My Best Ever Balela Salad is a Middle Eastern-style salad that is full of fresh flavors, fun textures, and NEVER gets soggy! Serve this salad with pita chips, in pita pockets, or simply eat it on its own. When it comes to a Balela Salad, there's no wrong way to enjoy it.
For the Salad:
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Cans Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dill finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Jalapeño sliced with the seeds removed
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sumac optional, but I highly recommend it!
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Start by washing and preparing all of your produce; drain and rinse your garbanzo beans and black beans, wash and chop your cherry tomatoes, chop your fresh herbs, and dice your red onion.
Next, add all of your produce to a large bowl. Set aside.
Now, prepare the dressing. Add all of your dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Once your dressing is fully combined, taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Finally, pour your dressing over your salad and toss to fully combine.
Serve immediately, or store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!