Looking for a quick and easy vegan queso recipe that actually tastes like real queso? I've got you covered. This vegan queso recipe is made with soaked cashews, marinara sauce, and basic seasonings that come together for an unforgettable queso dip. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews soaked in water overnight (or pour boiling water on top and let soak for 20 minutes)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or arrowroot optional, for thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder optional
Start by soaking your cashews. For the creamiest taste, it's best to soak them overnight. If you are short on time, pour boiling hot water on top, and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
Next, in a high speed blender, add the soaked cashews, water, marinara sauce, garlic, nutritional yeast, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, tapioca/arrowroot (if using) and chili powder(if using).
Blend for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!