Quick and easy chocolate cherry smoothie, packed to the brim with nutritious ingredients. This smoothie is perfect for breakast, post-workout, or any time a chocolate craving strikes. The best part is that you can customize this recipe, either adding ingredients that you love, or subtracting ingredients that you don't.
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides optional
- 1 tablespoon almond butter optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain almond milk
- Pinch sea salt
Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender.
Blend until the desired consistency is reached.
Note, you might need to add more milk to thin it out, so feel free to experiment and find the right consistency for you.
Enjoy as-is, or top with shaved chocolate and cherries.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!