What, no cookies today? No ma, no cookies, no brownies, no donuts, no nothin’ but this TANGY TURMERIC QUINOA SALAD that’s so gooooooood, I’ve got your dinner tonight.
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water (or Bonafide Provisions bone broth)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup Honestly Cranberry no sugar cranberries (that’s what makes this salad TANGY or just find some that don’t have added sugar!
- 1/2 cup can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp chopped thyme (optional)
In a medium sauce pan, add oil.
Once hot, add chopped onions and sauté for about 4 minutes.
Next, add turmeric, salt, cumin, quinoa, and bone broth.
Place cover on top, reduce to low heat, for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, fluff quinoa, and add cranberries and garbanzo beans.
Plate dish and top with crushed hazelnuts and thyme.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see what you made - tag @kalejunkie
in your posts and I’ll re-share!